Monday, September 13, 2010

My Hari Raya...

It's been 10 days since my last post... and... things have NOT got better. In fact it has only gotten worse... to the point I think this is the ultimate low point in my life as of today. Two more 'incidents' came up but I shall only relate one today.

While everyone was enjoying their Hari Raya, I was 'enjoying' being wheeled in and out of the emergency ward. It all started on the eve of Raya...  at about 4:00pm... I was with Ayu and I was having a nap when I woke with a very strong cramp-like feeling at the bottom left of my abdomen. It felt like a really bad case of food poisoning... which would be odd as I had not eaten anything for the past 24 hours and it was also odd as the 'cramp' was one sided. I tried going to the toilet thinking it was food poisoning but nothing came out.

The pain started to get worse... not only did it feel like a cramp... if you ever had your balls kicked while playing football then you would have a rough idea how it feels like but again, it was only on the left side. The pain got worse and I started squirming in pain. Now... I can take a fair bit of pain... like how I walked around with a broken finger for over 12 hours... so when I started squirming around in pain Ayu started getting really worried as cold sweat had started to break out as well. I told her something was very wrong and I needed to get to the hospital. So she called a cab and i was quickly whisked away to the hospital. At this point I was squirming, groaning and moaning in pain. The pain is quite undescribable but I have never felt such excruciating pain before.

The registration was quick and I was quickly wheeled into the emergency room in a wheel chair. There I told the doctor what happened and after a bit of checking and tapping here and there I was given a jab. The pain began to subside within 10 minutes and in 15 minutes it was totally gone. The doctor then told me that she suspected it was Renal Colic and wrote me a referral to get an ultra sound for confirmation after the holidays. I was given some medication and pain killers.

Hari Raya Day... at about noon... I felt a slight pain again. I quickly popped the pain killers the doctor gave and it went away very quickly... within 90 minutes.

Hari Raya Day Two... at about 3:00pm I felt the pain again... I popped another two pills... after 90 minutes, the pain was still there and it was quite bad... I popped another pill... making it a total of 750mgs of Ponstan. After 2 hours... it still had not subsided and was no longer bearable. Again, we got a cab and I was whisked away to the hospital where I got another jab and in 10 minutes I was walking about like normal.

Hari Raya Day Three... the pain came back again and yet again after 2 Ponstans it was still there so off I went again to the hospital and got another jab. This time the doctor changed the pain killer to a 275gm /pill dosage and a different pain killer. This one worked quite well and I have not had the pain since.

Today as I was taking a pee at a public toilet I felt something gush out as I was peeing and when I looked down I saw a piece of stone. It measured about 5mm x 1mm. I hope that's the only piece and that my system is clear. We'll have to wait till tomorrow for my test after which I will post the results. In the meantime I hope I don't experience anymore pain... and I hope that none of you reading this will ever have to experience this pain.

1 comment: