Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rambling Again...

Lately... all you need to do is read the papers and you get disgusted. Here, I don't buy the papers coz I think it is rather silly of me to pay RM1.50 for a STAR paper just to cause grief to myself when the content is available online. Moreover, I can get alternative views as compared to the biased mainstream media. Let's talk about politics for just a bit. My ex-boss seems to think that I am PRO Opposition... that is not true. First of all, I don't see them as an opposition. To me they're an ALTERNATIVE. Do I think they are better than the Barisan Nasional? Come one... look at them tripping all over themselves... but like I say, they're an alternative... or should I say... the only alternative. What choice do we have? Allow our beloved country to continue with its corrupt ways or do something? Anything is better than nothing.  I guess some just prefer to hope. We give credit to whomever that is benevolent towards their rakyat... white cat or black cat don't  matter as long as catch mice. Stop bullshitting the rakyat about subsidies pushing the nation towards bankruptcy. You really think that we are all paddy farmers? Come on... yes, eventually we should do away with subsidies but the root cause of the nation heading towards bankruptcy is the unnecessary spending. The waste... THAT is the root cause. Own up to your mistakes as a poorly managed government and NOT tai-chi everything back to the rakyat. Tiu!

Anyway... today I read this article. I think it should have hit Facebook by now. This is really sad... and yes, it could happen to any of us. It reminds me of my trip to Kuching a couple of years back. Ayu and I were walking along the esplanade in the night. I think it was around 8:00pm. As we walked we saw 3 persons approaching from the opposite direction. One was an elderly man in a security guard uniform and the other two seemed like drunk delinquents. Of the two one was short, even shorter than Ayu and he could hardly walk straight and was mumbling away. As they got closer the short guy started hurling abuse at us...he mumbled something about wanting to kick my ass... I guess with all the Dutch courage he reckoned he could take on this 189cm tall botak. I wasn't amused... he actually attempted to approach me to pick a fight but the security guard who seemed to be following him just quickly ushered him along... laughing away at the drunk's actions.  Ayu was already worried as she was gripping my arm for dear life. I guess she was worried that I would retaliate... and frankly, most people would have and Ayu said that most of her friends would have retaliated.  A few days later we read about a body being found at the esplanade river. And then Donovan tells me that things like this are normal at the esplanade.... excuse me? Normal? And we advertise it as a place for tourists to visit in the night?

Back to the article... where do they want these two chaps to balik to? Where do they get this notion? Why where else? If our f-ugly fat toad of a Minister with specs can say this and it gets published in mainstream media and not get reprimanded... and headmasters in schools can utter such things in public and have the Education Minister then say 'it was just a misunderstanding'... are you surprised to get such acts from these people?

I remember 2011... my ex-parents-in-law's neighbour's kids were very fond of me and they would often get permission to have me take them out. One of the trips was to the zoo. It so happened when we were at the zoo there were two elephants about to mate. The male elephant had an erection as huge as its trunk. The girls asked me what it was... "Chair, chair... what is that?" They called me chair as they liked to sit on my lap. Here I am with a 9-year old and an 11-year old girl and they were asking me about the reproductive organs of an animal. I can do a very good job of explaining but I have no idea how their parents may take it ... so rather than make a mistake I just said I didn't know... if they were my own kids, I would have taught them right away, "What lah chair... why you so stupid one?"... "Yeah... I am..."

Then came 9/11... they were with me when I was reading about it and I said it was really sad that such a thing happened. The two of them exclaimed... "Padan muka they all die! Stupid Americans"... "Huh?!!! Hello!! Why did you say such things?"... "Yes, they deserve it... papa and mama say they deserve it coz they treat all the Muslims badly"... geesh... now how do you deal with that? I put on a very stern face and told the two girls... "NOBODY deserves to die, no matter what... and you cannot say things like this. It is wrong to kill people"... "but papa and mama say so"... "you can tell papa and mama that chair said they are wrong and nobody deserves to die and it is wrong to kill... and I don't want to hear you say things like this again". I am sure they repeated what I said to their parents.

What do we teach the new generation? It all starts from home... and you'll be surprised what parents teach at home... if they ever do.

Hari Raya is around the corner and as usual the fireworks and firecrackers start. In fact, it started on the first day of Ramadan. I think we can all agree that we all like fireworks... but I HATE firecrackers. What's the difference? Look it up... that's what Google is for. I have never understood people's fascination for firecrackers... I just don't get it. What joy do you get by lighting something up that just goes BOOM!... and that's it...all it does is create noise.... and it is extremely dangerous. But what do we care right? We just go on playing this stupid thing... then our kids want to try... but of course they can't... as usual... I can, you can't... then when the parent is not looking the child decides that if my dad can play so can I... BOOM! The child is not quick enough to discard it from his hands after lighting it... his hands are gone. Crying isn't going to bring the poor boy's hands back.

Do we think when we speak? Do we consider the consequences to our actions? And we wonder why the new generation is such... who do we blame? Ourselves lah...

No comments:

Post a Comment